It only takes a few minutes to bless your family in the morning or at the dinner table. Here is how it works: simply read a chapter of Proverbs andpick one verse that jumps out at you. Take a moment to meditate on its truth and consider what nugget of wisdom the Lord would have you gleam from it. Later, with the family, ask one of them to read the verse and ask what everyone thinks it means. In order to make it personal and practical, ask everyone how they think it could be applied to your family. Close with a simple prayer thanking the Lord for His wisdom and ask Him for His helpapplying this truth. You don’t have to be a Bible scholar to lead your family in the way of the Lord. So, I encourage you men to take five minutes with the family daily to bless and lead them.
- Choose a proverb that speaks to you.
- Ask someone to read it at a set time (breakfast, dinner, before bed, etc.)
- Ask what everyone thinks it means.
- Ask how you could apply it.
- Prayerfully thank God for His wisdom and ask for His help applying it.